Connecticut General Statutes Sec. 22-338.
“Licensing of dogs. Fees. Penalties. Rabies certificate. Exemption.
- Each owner or keeper of a dog of the age of six months or older, except dogs kept under a kennel license as provided in section 22-342, shall cause such dog to be licensed in the Town Clerk's office in the town where such dog is kept, on or before June thirtieth, annually, or at such time as such dog becomes six months old, and annually thereafter, on or before June thirtieth.
The owner or keeper shall pay to such Town Clerk for such license the sum of EIGHT dollars for each neutered male or spayed female dog OR the sum of NINETEEN dollars for each unneutered male dog and each unspayed female dog. If an owner or keeper of a dog fails to procure a license as required by this section, such owner or keeper shall pay the appropriate license fee and a penalty of one dollar for each month or fraction thereof the dog remains unlicensed.
- Any owner or keeper applying for a license for a dog under subsection (a) shall submit to the Town Clerk a rabies certificate signed by a veterinarian, or a copy thereof, stating that such dog has been vaccinated against rabies, the date of the vaccination and the duration of the immunity provided by the vaccine. No license shall be issued unless the certificate indicates that the immunity provided by the vaccine is effective at the time of licensing.
No Town Clerk shall issue such license or tag to any person for any neutered male or spayed female dog not previously licensed as such unless the person causing the dog to be licensed exhibits to the Town Clerk a certificate from a licensed veterinarian.”
- If your dog is neutered/spayed the cost is only $8.00
- If your dog is unaltered the cost is only $19.00
- Kennel owner’s cost is $51.00
Checks payable to “Old Saybrook Town Clerk.” Include SASE, rabies paperwork and spay/neuter certificate
Town of Old Saybrook
302 Main St
Old Saybrook, CT 06475