Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Commission

Do You Need an Inland Wetlands Permit?

If you are doing any work in an inland wetland, vernal pool, waterbody or watercourse, or within 100' of these recources, you should consult the inland wetlands agent to see if a permit is required. Significant activities occurring outside the 100' upland review area may also be subject to permitting if they may impact an inland wetland or watercourse.

Inland wetland permit applications must be submitted in person at the Land Use Department unless prior arrangements have been made. Applicants are to submit their applications two weeks prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting to allow staff and commission members adequate time to review the materials.

Staff Contacts

Lynette Wacker