Press Release - COVID VACCINE INFORMATION
At this time those eligible for COVID-19 Vaccination include all Phase 1a eligible individuals.
Phase 1a individuals include:
* Healthcare Personnel: all paid and unpaid persons serving in healthcare settings who have potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials.
* Long Term Care Facility Residents: adults who reside in facilities that provide a range of services, including medical and personal care, to persons who are unable to live independently.
* First Responders at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their responses to medical emergencies such as Emergency Medical Technicians, Police, and Fire.
Phase 1b (Coming Soon)
Three primary groups will be eligible for the vaccine in Phase 1b:
- Front line essential workers
- Individuals and staff in congregate settings
- Individuals 75 years of and older
Based on this initial overview of eligible groups, the State will look to enter Phase 1b during the month of January 2021. Information about scheduling is coming soon, perhaps as early as Thursday January 14, 2021.